Kermit ISD Mission Statement
THE MISSION OF KERMIT INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE COMMUNITY, IS TO PROVIDE A COMPREHENSIVE, CARING EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE FOR ALL CHILDREN.
KERMIT INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT CREATES A FULFILLED, SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE, LIFELONG LEARNER BY NURTURING THE UNIQUE TALENTS OF EACH INDIVIDUAL AND PROMOTING A CULTURE OF RESPECT WHICH VALUES DIVERSITY.
KERMIT INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT REMAINS DRIVEN BY THE EXPECTATION THAT WE MAINTAIN THE HIGHEST SOCIAL AND EDUCATIONAL VALUES. NO CHILD WILL BE LEFT BEHIND BY STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE TODAY WHILE PREPARING STUDENTS FOR SUCCESS IN A TECHNICAL WORLD TOMORROW.
Kermit ISD District Goals
2. The design and delivery of instruction that uses data to make instructional decisions in a professional learning community of educators which engages students through the modalities of technology.
3. Preparing students for career and college readiness.
4. Recruiting, developing and retaining highly qualified employees that are student-centered.
KISD IMPROVEMENT PLAN GOALS
1. All Kermit ISD campuses will continue to improve their state assessment scores in the areas of reading, writing, English language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies during the 2012-2013 school year.
2. Kermit ISD will involve more teachers and parents in the decision-making process, in addition to increasing parental involvement in school activities.
3. Kermit ISD will maintain the district’s dropout rate of one percent or less while maintaining an attendance rate of 95% or greater.
4. Kermit ISD will continue in a progressive, pro-active manner to integrate technology at all grade levels and campuses.
5. Kermit ISD will enhance the implementation of a comprehensive program to address the needs of all students, including special populations, such as gifted/talented, bilingual/ESL, dyslexia, special education, at-risk, and 504.
6. Kermit ISD will implement strategies to increase student awareness of healthy habits, decrease drug abuse and violent/aggressive behavior to assure student wellness and safety for all students and employees on all campuses.
7. Kermit ISD will provide high quality professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.